how ofen shoul my 3 month old bf*ed baby be pooping?

she's only pooping once a day if that....

AudlyLuvly

Asked by AudlyLuvly at 9:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All depends on the baby! My guy is ten weeks and goes every other day at most. Just make sure she's still having wet diapers often, and that the poopy ones are still that mustardy yellow.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• That's plenty. It's actually not uncommon for an EBF baby to go several days at a time without a bowel movement. Nor is it uncommon for them to poop multiple times a day. As long as she IS pooping and it's a good consistency (not too watery, not too hard), she's good. No worries.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Anywhere from after each feeding, to once every 10 days is normal for an EBF baby.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• dang well if she 3 anywhere between 1 - 3 times a day. my daughter fluctuated but was never constipated or anyhting. but yeah, wed get concerned if she didnt poop at least once a day.
    windowgirl

Answer by windowgirl at 8:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Anything is normal! I breastfed all my kids. The first pooped evertime he ate. My third poops maybe 2 or 3 times a day, and my second pooped once a week!! That last was is unusual for a breastfed baby, but it is still considered normal!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I have a friend whose grandbaby didnt poop for about 10 days and they were concerned ..........the doc said that breastmilk is sometimes all used by the baby's body and there isnt any waste materials so they dont poop as much sometimes. It freaked us all out but the baby is now 9 months old and is fine!
    twarmymm

Answer by twarmymm at 10:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• hahaha, once a day is GREAT!!! let me tell you: my son would poop EVERY DIAPER while he was on the boob!!! and i am not exaggerating....
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 2:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2008