what does your baby go to sleep with?!

my 10 month old sleeps with his "blankie" but i dont cover him up with a blanket bc he moves around too much to even keep it on. i told my mother that and shes making a HUGE deal about it, that im a terrible mother how could i not put a blanket on him at night! but he sleeps from 630 pm to 630 a.m through the night..i keep the heat at 69 and i always go in and check on him before i go to bed.

Do any of your kids sleep with covers on?! am i crazy for not covering him up?

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 8:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I cover my daughter with a blanket after I put her down, but she kicks it off during the night. I put her in footie pajamas so her feet don't cold, and she's fine. My son was the same way. He was 3 before he slept under the covers on a regular basis. You're doing fine, mama. :)
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My son HAS to have covers on him! He cannot fall asleep without them. My daughter on the other hand sounds a lot like your son. I just used a small blanket and draped it over her when I tucked her in, if it came off (which usually always did) then oh well lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• first thing s i wish my 10 monh old slept that good and long. i would be the happiest mom on the block..... unfortinatly my 10 month old sleeps with me. so is under the covers most of the night im sure. when he is actually sleeping...lol
    when he is in his crib and when my girls were babies, i always have a blanket tucked in the bottom of the crib so it couldnt get pulled over babies face. usually they would be out of the covers anyway. as long as she is dressed warmly she will be fine
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 8:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My DD who is 2 1/2 still doesn't sleep with a blanket on her. I drape it over her and she puts the satin binding in her mouth and then usually ends up sleeping with it scrunched up and not in her b/c she has to continue to find a new spot on the edge of the blanket all night. You are not a bad parent you just know what works for your child.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• my son had a blanket from the moment he was born. every time he sleeps he has to have his blankie to sleep.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My daughter has slept with a blanket from birth. She can't sleep without it! they send babies home from the hospital in a blanket why wouldn't it be ok? you are doing nothing wrong! : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• thanks ladies! i feel better! she was making me feel horrible that he doesnt sleep with covers on, but he really moves around too much to keep them on, he has his blankie but he just snuggles with it next to his face. and he sleeps through the night so its not like hes waking up freezing or anything! UGH! ..thank you all for your answers :)
    dmdemes

Comment by dmdemes (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I always had their pjs on plus a blanket sleeper with the feet. That way they could move around all they wanted and were cozy
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2011