food allergy?

hi mommas
on thursday i ate some chicken, one of those ready cooked ones from the store, there was only me eating off it,within about an hour i started itching really bad, my legs were coming out in white lumps,just the backs of them .. it started moving up to my sides and stomach, my head too .. i couldnt do anything to relieve it, i found some cream which soothed it a little ..

could this of been an allergy to the chicken?
i eat chicken all the time just not this particular one

i got some benadryl tablets yesterday and it went completely .. just felt like a zombie after taking it lol

san78

Asked by san78 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Health

• Eek, San, why didn't you tell me? Do you still have the packaging? Look at the ingredients and see if there's anything that was used to season it that might have caused the reaction. Did it have sauce with it? There could have been cream in the sauce. Or maybe one of the spices is one you haven't been exposed to. I hope you're feeling better.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• There is a possibility that there was something in the chicken that you are allergic too. It could also have been something in your environment.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I am allergic to nuts -- I can't even eat anything that has peanut oil on it -- Which Chick-Fil-A does -- Is there a possibility it had peanut oil on it? I have to ask everywhere I go to eat! I REALLY miss PECANS! I didnt develop the allergy until I was 25!!!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It was probably something in the chicken, even one of the preservatives or MSG. So many good reasons for not eating processed foods...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Not the chicken itself, but something it was flavored with, basted with, seasoned with, something they put on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2011