I really need some advise.

I really am not sure how to approach my hubby and tell him in the right way that i want another baby. when I have done it before he just says no and blows me off. Can you please give me another way to approach him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Its really not up to only you, though. If he says he doesn't want one then he doesn't want one. Is he supposed to give in just to make you happy. Does what he wants hold any import or is it just keep pecking and pecking until you get your way?

I'd respect how he feels, too, and at least find out his reasons and discuss it from there.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• When it comes to important discussions with men, I've taken cue from how they interact with one another. I tell him, "We are going to discuss the possibility of having another child tonight after dinner. I'm making muffins, talk to you then." It gives him time to mull over it in his head and sort through his thoughts before sharing them with you. You're also not asking him to talk about it, more like informing him a discussion will be taking place at a certain time.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 9:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Well, I agree with zoeyis it does take two to make a baby. Here's the thing though he should be adult enough to explain why. It may just be that he's concerned with some finances or something before having another baby. I would just say 'I know you don't want to have another baby, but I really need to know why is it because you don't want to have any other kids or is it because your not ready to have any other kids yet?' Let him know your willing to wait if he's wanting to, but remind him you can't wait forever either. This is something y'all need to figure out together and its only going to happen if y'all talk about it without getting upset with each other during the conversation.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 9:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i dont think she wants him to give into her i think she wants him to listen her like really listen...right???? okay next time you go to wal* mart when you walk by the baby dept say say something about how u miss it and ask him if he ever thinks about having more kids and if he blows you off again.. wait a few days and text him something sexy and keep it up on and off all day until he gets home and when he gets home have dinner cooked and Tell him babe I know I have tried to talk u about this but U keep blowing me off I dont want to fight with you i just want to talk about it he may have a good reason a fear you never know wht he will say U know him better then anyone i am sure use what works and make him talk to you GOOD LUCk
    kdtmartin

Answer by kdtmartin at 5:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011