Do you have a cure for a SINUS INFECTION w/o antibiotics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Health

• Let it run it's course but it will take VERY long to get rid of a sinus infection, maybe weeks. If you run a fever, definitly go for an antibiotic. You don't want it to turn into something worse. Take a Multi Vitamin and drink plenty of fluids. Hope you feel better soon.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Take some probiotics and lots of garlic! Rinse your sinuses regularly with saline in a neti pot too. A good way to get lots of garlic and other helpful things in you is some cold cure soup.

Ingredients:
    2 cans of low-sodium chicken broth
    1 T. olive oil
    15 cloves of garlic
    one medium onion

1 tsp. each of the following:
    parsley, cilantro, mint, basil leaves, curry powder
    1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
    salt

fresh lemon juice

Fresh herbs are best, most potent, but dried will do.

In a large pot, heat the olive oil and sauté until soft the cloves of peeled garlic, the onion cut in quarters, 1 teaspoon each of minced parsley and cilantro, one teaspoon each of minced mint and basil leaves. Then puree the mixture of softened garlic, onions and herbs in a food processor or blender.

Pour the pureed ingredients back in the pot. Add the chicken broth plus one teaspoonof curry powder,
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Well, this herbalist in my town told me that colloidal silver will get rid of any infection. I've taken it a few times for other things. You just can't take a lot.

I tried to let a sinus infection ride once and when I finally broke down and went to the dr he told me that if an infection is not taken care of it can manifest in other parts of your body. I know that's true b/c once when I was little I had a cut on my foot and it got infected...I never told my mom about it b/c she was always getting mad at me for not taking care of myself...wellllll...it got really bad and then it moved into my reproductive system and I had to go to a gyno as a child...I was scared after that visit!!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have been fighting a sinus infection for at least 3 weeks now. My doctor is anti antibiotics and hardly ever perscribes them. He told me to run a humidifier and to use a netti pot. I do like the netti pot, but it can be a bit messy. If you do not have a humdifier you can also boil a pot of water on your stove to keep the air from getting dry in your house.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Don't know if it's available everywhere but I use a pill called clarinase.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I've had very good outcomes with eating raw garlic for sinus infections. I chop the garlic cloves (3 or 4 a day) into swallowable size and swallow them like a pill. I know it sounds odd, but it has worked for me every time I've done it. You can also rub the garlic on toast or put small uncooked pieces in pasta.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• When my husband went in with a sinus infection, his doctor told himto let it go naturally but take sudafed (however it is spelled) to help open things up so he could breath
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2011