PLEASE tell me I'm not alone in thinking this is horribly tacky!

My brother's daughter's mother just posted on her facebook that my niece, who is 2, has been begging for a bra and she bought her one and put it on her. Her size. Padded. And that she "flauts it proud". I'm REALLY hoping that they don't take her out in public like that.

They've also given her tramp stamp temporary tattoos.

GAH! Please tell me I'm not crazy and that's totally tasteless! AND sending the wrong message to this poor little girl... that her breasts are her identity and important to who she is.

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• What's sad is that she is advertising it on FB
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I agree. Does the Dad not care that his daughter is loosing her innocence WAY too young?
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• OMG -- you are right, that is terribly tasteless! Next they will have her wearing booty shorts (to show off the tattoo) -- I shudder at the message this is sending to that child!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It doesn't send the wrong message for the little girl. It will send the wrong message for the pedophiles... Loads of parents are surprised why there are loads of pedophiles nowadays and why our children are in bigger danger than in the past. Well, some parents dress their children as grown-ups. All sexy-like and short and small... I feel so sorry for those little boys and girls. They are honestly snack for the predators:(

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Not only tacky and tasteless but pretty disgusting- it seems like sexualizing an innocent little girl.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My 7 year old has put my bra on over her shirt and I took a picture of it. But no way would I put that on FB!!!!! My kids wear temp tats all the time, but its usually on their hand or face....a 'tramp stamp'? REally?!?! LOL! I think its a bit much.

I know a lady that put bright red nailpolish on her 6 week old baby for pictures.... um yeah....TACKY!!!!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I think it would be okay to let her daughter play with her bras (the mother's). Heck, my son is curious and plays with mine when we're folding laundry. The tattoo thing is a little...much...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• They make padded bras in two year old size?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Wow thats crazy. My 6 yr old hasn't even mentioned bras yet!
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It's worse than tacky and I would be having a talk with my brother about the implications of all this for his daughter.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2011