What do I say to my niece's mom who put on her facebook that she bought her a padded bra? She's only 2!

I don't know what to say... my brother and her are not together. The last time I said anything about her questionable parenting practices (like feeding her whole little debbies when she was 7 months old to the point she couldn't poop because she was so constipated from never getting fruits or veggies or whole grains) she un-friended me and didn't talk to me for a year, and all I said was "Maybe she needs some fruit or veggies in her diet and to cut back on the sweets."

I know it's her kid, but holy crap! Padded bras and tramp stamp temporary tattoos at 2 years old?! Is she out of her mind?!

How do I tactfully tell her that it's ridiculous?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• You can just tell her and prepare to be unfriended I guess. Or you can just not say anything and realize some people are going to do what they do even if we dont agree. She isnt the first or last parent you will know that you wont agree with.

Answer by gemgem at 10:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I say get the f*ck over yourself. Asking the same ? twice! You got lots of answers the first time around. Sweep around your own front door!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If you call cps about temp tattoos and a padded bra they are going to laugh. If they are abusing her like hitting her, not feeding her, have a dirty house they might be interested. You are over reacting. I agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Well, there's some questionable living situations going on too.

No, I would not call CPS on this girl (she was 17 when she had my niece), it's just ridiculous and inappropriate. A padded bra for a 2 year old isn't hilariouas it's disturbing lol. I mean, seriously, let's start objectifying and sexualizing them at birth.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You can't say anything to this mom without her probably taking it the wrong way. There's really no way to tactfully say, hey, stop posting on your FB account about your daughter, and even if you do say it - will it honestly stop her? What I would do is make sure that you're a positive influence in your nieces life. I'm sure you already visit with her, but just keep it going, be a good female role model to her. She may really need it as she gets older.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• She is kind of wacky and since you can't truthfully tell her I would talk to the father and inform him of what she is doing.

Answer by older at 10:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I live in another state, I can't visit her :(

And I just called my brother about it and he doesn't think it's a big deal either :S Alright, whatever, I said my piece, they can sexualize their 2 year old all they want.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It was a different question, anon. One was "Isn't it messed up" and the other was "what do I say?" How about grow some balls and say that shit without the anon button? :)
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Thanks :) Now fuck off.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011