do you have a kindle?

what do you like about it?
dont like about it?
get your Ebooks from?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 10:44 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Entertainment

• I don1t have it yet. But I want one badly:) I think I will get an Amazon one:P The internet version contains 5000 books:P Mhaw:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I do! Love it! However now I use my iPad and bought the kindle app and uses the iPad now :)
    AlyOops

Answer by AlyOops at 10:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I just received one as gift. I think I would like it, but for some reason it won't stay charged :P
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I am very happy with mine. It is easy to turn pages, it has many books in a smaller space than have paper copies of the books, it is fast to obtain a book. I like the keypad instead of a touch pad. It isn't cheap to buy the books on Kindle, though, and some are more expensive than the paperbacks I would buy. Being so easy to shop and buy can run up the money spent. I am happy with mine.

Answer by Bmat at 10:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have only gotten books through Amazon so far.

• I got one last Feb and I love it! I haven't had any issues with it...it holds a charge for a long time! I just wish I had the newer one now with the light that pulls out of the back! I like that you can just download books instantly...it's made me so much more of a reader...I think I've downloaded almost 40 books in the past year. I do not like that not all books are in the kindle format. I did have to purchase 2 regular books at the store this year b/c they were the first two in a series I wanted to read and they were older so they weren't available in kindle format, but the rest of the books in the series were available for download. I like that you can download mp3s to it and listen to music on it too. I also like that I have kindle on my pc and that I can start a book on my kindle...then read some on my pc...and go right back to the kindle and it syncs to the page you are on.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have one and I LOVE IT. I was resistant when my husband wanted to buy me one because I didn't think reading would be as enjoyable without the feel of the book and turning the pages, etc. Since owning one I have realized it is an even more pleasant experience. When reading those big heavy novels (pillars of the earth, HP, etc) your wrists start to get tired but the kindle is SO light-weight it is very nice. As for books being expensive: yes, some are. That is why I don't exclusively use my Kindle. The library still exists :) Amazon has also just enabled sharing with other kindle owners. My mom has a Kindle, too, so we share the books we buy.

The only thing I would change is that i never know how far through the book I am. It gives you "location" numbers, but those numbers mean nothing to me. I would rather see a page number.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 11:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• oh yeah, I also only get the books from amazon...i didn't know you could get them elsewhere...the kindle takes you straight to the amazon store front and that's where you search for and download books.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• my husband wants to get me one as a gift for v day or as soon as we get our taxes in since im always reading and im reluctant. while the books are cheaper not all books i want are available which is fine. but i too love the smell of books, and the pages, and knowing how many pages i got left. etc etc
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• We don't have one. I would like to get one because my husband has a ton of books and he wants to get rid of some. They are taking up a lot of space. I told him about the Kindle. We might get one eventually.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011