Do you think parenting courses are useful?

adriennfaklya

Asked by adriennfaklya at 11:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, especially for teen mothers.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 11:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• yes, because you learn helpful hints from other people. You can see what works for others.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 11:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• definitely
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have never taken one. I did teach one, but I don't think those in attendance use the info any more. I have a few folks who didn't go thru the course but asked adivce and actually use the info.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes and I think they should be mandatory for first time parents and any that need reminders..those that are investigated for child abuse or neglect.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• They could be, but there are so many things that they don't teach you. Being a parent has taught me more than any class ever could. I have learned how to organize my time, get dried food off of any hard surface, how to get bubble gum out of hair. I have learned that I am the world's worst artist, but kids think I am the greatest. I have been taught how to get my child's foot out of a really tight hole, with out breaking his foot. I have also learned that an non-emergency call gets the ambulance here in 2 minutes. I have learned to keep the magic marker up out of the reach of little hands. I have learned how to cook dinner, wash, dry, and fold laundry, calm a crying baby, and do dishes all at the same time. I have learned that the smallest gesture makes for the happiest kids. But most of all, I have learned how to love. These are things that can not be taught in class.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I think it's a great idea.
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Sometimes. There isn't a (how to) manual for parenting.
    tulipskiss311

Answer by tulipskiss311 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• not really
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011