Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you e-filed your return and were supposed to recieve it by the 28th...

Did you get your return? I filed mine through turbo tax on the 16th and from the IRS site is says: Your tax refund was direct deposited on January 28, 2011. But nothing so now I'm worried. Has this happened to anyone else?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (9)
  • No, can you go back and see if you put the wrong account information in?

    Answer by Lyndsey250 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • I don't use Turbo Tax, so I can't tell you about them. You can call the IRS and tell them what the message says and that you didn't get your refund. Usually when the IRS says your refund will be there on a specific day, it is.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • Make sure you check all your accounts. It may have been put in savings when you thought it was going in checking and vice versa. If it is nowhere, then definitely call the IRS and tell them.

    Answer by JamieLK at 11:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2011


    Here's something to read on about filing etc, and the delays.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • My dd and cousin both got theirs yesterday. Sometimes banks can also hold them 3-4 days. Mine is set to come in on the 4th, but the IRS says it can be up to the 8th depending on my bank. Call your bank and ask them if they put a hold on it. If they didnt tell them its missing.

    Answer by gemgem at 11:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • you can check the staus at click the where's me refund and enter the info it asks for. Ours has been delayed and the date changed a few times now.


    Answer by how_reb at 11:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • I just checked and saw that the last digit in the acct # I submitted is wrong! Now I'm stressed. I'm going to print out the pages and run to the bank :(

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • you'll need to contact the irs to get it changed

    Answer by how_reb at 11:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • Yikes! Hopefully you can get it fixed soon! What a bugger.

    Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.