Im finding and the sex of my baby today and i need to know why they want me to...

Im finding and the sex of my baby today and i need to know why they want me to drink 3 liters of water? why is that m,y guess is so baby will move around but idk

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 11:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• So there is enough fluid around the baby...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I think so they can compare the size of your bladder to the size of your baby????
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Since an ultrasound views thru water or fluid, it needs more water to see properly.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I know it is because they want you to have a full bladder, exactly why I don't know.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• for an ultrasound of the uterus .. you need a full bladder b/c your uterus sits on top of your bladder .. when the bladder is completely full, it lifts up your uterus so it is seen more easily on the screen
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

It helps them get a better picture so you can see it more clearly
    Anonymous5

Answer by Anonymous5 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Has NOTHING to do with fluid around the baby! Your bladder needs to be full so it pushes your uterus up so they have a better view of your entire uterus. If I ever got to an u/s and they couldn't see low enough I had to drink a ton of water and wait til I had to pee, then they did the u/s. So yeah, if they told you to drink all that water, do it shortly before and don't pee right before, or they'll make you do it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It is so the ultrasound come out clear. Ultrasounds can be done without drinking the water but it is harder to read them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Why all the down votes on this question? I am not understanding.
    Anonymous

• The bladder is located behind the uterus. And by drinking enough water it pushes the uterus closer to the surface, so that they get an accurate picture of the fetus.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011