What to do about hubby's low sex drive!

My husband has never had a real healthy sex drive, but that is not really the issue. Everytime that I try to have sex with him he shoots me down E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E!!! Most of the time that means that we are just flat our not going to have sex that night... other times it means that now that he has told me no that he doesn't want to & has made me feel awful he can start tryign to then have sex with me! I just don't get it!

The other thing that is very hard for me to handle is anytime we get into an arguement (tonight he got pissed because I told him that I thought our 5 year old needed to cut back on the video games) he tells the that this (me being a b*tch) is why he doesn't want to have sex with me! I am at the end of my rope & I don't know what to do next... sometimes I really wish that I was not married & I don't like that I feel this way!

My2Chads8

Asked by My2Chads8 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• counseling sounds like a good answer...
    Anonymous

• This isn't an answer, but something to think about...How old is he? and What medications are being taken by him? and Has he been seen by a doctor for this? He may be taking things out on you because he feels he should be stepping up to the plate and can't or just doesn't feel like it. Therefore he pushes you away, he then reacts to the rise in the adrenalin in his system because of the confrontation and then suddenly wants you. Making HIM the one to decide on it.
    GMOTM

Answer by GMOTM at 9:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• What do you mean..hon....He shoots you down?? saying no?? or??

Well listen...Hubby might be going thru some things in his own mind, *MIDLIFE* how old is he?

For fun my hubby went to the doc and got cialas, its safer than viagra ;o)

its fun!
    Anonymous

• diabetes, testosterone levels being off, male menopause (andropause)- Do you think there is something else going on? I have asked my husband are you mad at me or is something bothering you?

Here is a link to testosterone symptoms-http://www.feelingfff.com/res_sexglands.html
    symptoms of andropause but that is usually around 40 or later-http://mens-health.health-cares.net/andropause-symptoms.php
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Mine is the same way. I have a lot stronger libido than my husband. I always have. I feel your pain. It feels like you are rejected all the time. This is a lot more common than you might think.
    1erica1978

Answer by 1erica1978 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My husband had me read this for I am the one with the low sex drive and he feels the same way you do.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 10:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2008