How old was your baby when you introduced cow's milk?

I want to know what other mother's did when it came to that time to change the babies milk, like when did you change it and how did you do the change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started introducing it at 12 months, but he hated it. I just kept offering it, though. He didn't come around until after I stopped breastfeeding him at 15 months.
    Anonymous

• I introduced it at 11 months, but DD didn't want anything to do with it until about a month later. I just started giving it to her in sippy cups to see if she'd attempt it...and by a week after she turned 12 months, she was off the bottle entirely. (I count my blessings on that one, don't know how it happened!!)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i stared giving it to my son after his first birthday....he didnt seem to have a problem with it... i would just decrease the formula an oz. every couple days and switched it with cows milk... i dont even think he noticed :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i dont. Cows milk has nasty crap in it that is not good fr your. calcium yes thats good you can get it from other sources.
    Anonymous

• at 11 months I slowly starting adding regular milk to his formula and by his 1st birthday he was on full milk. He was drinking his water from a sippy cup at 6 months, By 8 months I put all his daytime formula in his cup too because after that first birthday, all the bottles went in the trash. I still think that saved me from tons of baby bottle drama!
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My kids made the switch after their first birthday. They didn't really seem to notice.
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 9:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I waited until they were about 15 months I breastfed most my kids until they were 2
    Anonymous

• ds started cow's milk at 13 months; would have been 12, but he had issues with his kidneys, and his blood work took longer then that to come in.
    dougiesmom

Answer by dougiesmom at 12:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Honestly, we introduced it to him when he was a little over 6 months old and had him completely switched over by the time he was 8 months old. We started REAL slow since we did it so early. It would just be a few drops in his bottle with either formula or breastmilk. As time went on we would do more and more cow milk. First we did 1 oz cow milk, 5 oz of breastmilk or formula and then eventually we got it the other way around and then finally just cow milk.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My daughter got her first taste of cows milk at 1 year and she loves it!

Right now the few bottles a day she has (still won't come off the bottle at nap and bedtime) are typically 4 oz of forumla and 4 oz milk.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 4:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2008