If you are a runner or jogger

What type of shoe do you wear? I am told that Asics are the best, do you agree?

Peajewel

Asked by Peajewel at 11:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have Nike's right now but I've had Asics before. They're both good. I run on average about 45 to 50 miles a week.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:33 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Are specific ones by them you use or are any of their running shoes good?
    Peajewel

Comment by Peajewel (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• *Are THERE specific ones....sorry, I hate when I have typos!
    Peajewel

Comment by Peajewel (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Different shoes work better for different types of feet, so there is no one-size-fits-all solution for this, pardon the pun. I've always had good luck with Nikes because their toe boxes tend to run a little larger than many other brands, and that is what I need, but not everyone does. A good bet for you is to go into a reputable sporting goods store and let a knowledgeable salesperson help you find a shoe that works with your foot shape. Some of the better brands include Nike, New Balance, Brooks, & Asics and you'll be able to try on several different brands if you go into a big store like Lady Foot Locker, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc.
    Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I wear Vibram Five Finger shoes to jogging and run in. They are toe shoes and make your feet look like ape feet but I love them. They definitely aren't for everyone though.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 5:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• jogger...nikes
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• When I was actually jogging, I really liked my Adidas. I think it is good to go to a store that fits you though, they examine your gait and feet to find the best shoe for you.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Both. I love my New Balances!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I have looked at the five fingers many times but never in person, just on line. They seem like they would not have very good support on the bottoms but I don't know. I would for sure need to find a store that carries them first because I would have to try them on. They meausre weird.
    Peajewel

Comment by Peajewel (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Vicesix, great advice, thanks. I am currently jogging in sketchers and I don't like it at all but it is all I have. I did not want to spend the money on good running shoes unless I knew I was going to stick with the whole jogging scene. But I enjoy it and truly want to stick with it so my next step is the good shoes.
    Peajewel

Comment by Peajewel (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2011