how would you feel about this?

My daughter has been with her boyfriend Cris for about 2 years, in the begining they were off and on but now their in a stable relationship. My daughter turned 18 just a few months ago, Cris has had his own appartment for a few months now and so my daughter says to me today shes thinking about moving in with Cris. She does have a stable job as a hair dresser and he also graduated from a tech college and has a stable job as a mechanic at nissan. I really like Cris and it has nothing to do with him, but im not sure how i feel about her moving out so soon. How would you approach or deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• You have to let her go sometime rather it's now or later & god forbid things don't work out just be there to pick her up when she falls be supportive chances are if you go against it she will rebel.

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 11:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If she is 18 there isnt alot you can do unfortunately. You can talk to her about your valid reasons why you think it is not a good idea. She isnt going to respond to reasons that are there only for your peace of mind though. Remember back to when you were 18 lol. At some point we have to allow them to go out into the world and trust we did a good job. They have to learn their life lessons. If things dont work with this guy you can tell her if she chooses to move she can always come home. Thats what I did with mine. And they did come home. My oldest is 22 now with two of her own kids and married. She left at 17 (almost 18). My oldest son is 18, and on his own. I wanted him home, but he left too. He came back a few weeks ago for a couple weeks. They always come home.

Answer by gemgem at 11:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would talk to BOTH of them to make sure they are ready for the responsibility of a child that may occur. If they are responsible ADULTS then I would have no problem with it. Can't stop it, they are BOTH adults.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You know sense she is legaly grown there is not much you can do if she want to. Just make sure she knows if the relationship does not work out she can come home.

Answer by louise2 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Well I say if they both have jobs and they pay their bills then I would see no reason for her not to move in with him. At least they're being responsible adults! I hope she makes the right choice
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 2:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• as parents we want the best for our kids yes she is young to leave home
    but there is that part in our brain what if she gets preg
    what if i say no
    at this age they know every thing
    she needs to fly yes she will make mistakes in her life but if the great person she will go far
    she will learn by her mistakes did you
    and mom she will fall
    all we can do is be there for her no matter what
    if you say no you will lose a part of you
    so mom as she leaves the house hold your head up high
    hold those tears say she is welcome back any time
    when the door close let your tears fall
    and mom you can make you are not alone
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• She's been with him for 2 years. She has a career as a hair dresser and he is supporting himself working at a mechanic. She may be moving out too soon for you, but if she can support herself and he can support her, how wonderful and adult!! Applaud them!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:41 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Good for her for being independent enough to want to be on her own! Good job mom! :-)
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• SHE SHOULD MOVE OUT IN HER OWN APT FIRST AND THEN LET HIM MOVE IN WITH HER BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MARRIED
    auntied222

Answer by auntied222 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• She is old enough. If you brought her up right then everything will be good. Under no account suggest marriage. Talk with her about responsible contraception. Let her know she can get help and support from you when the bills come flooding in. Help her move.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2011