cycle after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago and I stopped bleeding about a week ago. I had my hcg level checked last monday and it was down to 32. I have to go back in on Monday to recheck and every Monday until its zero. How long will that take? I'm wondering what I can expect from this point. What was your cycle like after a miscarriage? Did you try right away again?
BTW, I was really early; about 5 weeks.

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a miscarriage January 6th at 5 weeks, 6 days.

My HCG was already into the 300s the day the bleeding started. Then 5 days later it was in the 30s. Then I had it checked at the beginning of this week again and it was back to 0.

That was a little over 2 weeks past my miscarriage.

My body is now showing signs of attempting to ovulate (cramping, fertile mucus, etc) so I'm expecting to ovulate anyday now.

We are TTC right away. My were given the go ahead. I've done TONS of research and all the research shows there is NO REASON to wait to TTC again.

I'm hoping to concieve right away and I know many people who have. If not we will continue trying.

I'm charting to maximize chances and be able to date the pregnancy properly. I got pregnant 1st try with both of my last children using charting.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• I was 4 weeks and 5 days when I miscarried on dec. 8th. I bled for 7 days. My hcg levels on the 8th was 12.72 my hcg levels on the 10th were 5.59. I am now 7 weeks pregnant. I got pregnant a week after I stopped bleeding which was 2 weeks after my miscarriage.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I'm sorry for your lost, i had a miscarriage Nov 23, '10 my hcg level would not go down so i had to go every Wednesday to check it which was very stressful .I didn't get my period until January 4th lasted for a week. i try getting pregnant while i was ovulating i guess nothing happen because i'm having light bleeding this morning well i guess i'll just see whats going on from here. your hcg will eventually go down just take it one day at a time and you will conceive again we can't lose hope cause hope and prayer is all we have good luck my friend and baby dust to you.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Wow! Congrats Amber! I didn't realize you can get pregnant so fast after a miscarriage!
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Thanks Soraya! This is my second failed pregnancy... the 1st was ectopic:(
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Thanks for sharing Mia!
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 2:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2011