is it too soon?

my husband and i have one child, a 8month old son. we have been considering on trying to have another. has anyone done this or ended up in such a situation? planned or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I got pregnant when my son was 9 months, and no we weren't trying. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Intact, my doctor said that if you have your second before your first is 2 and 1/2 your first won't remember being an only child so it should be an easier transition. I was hard, having a two small kids, grocery shopping was very hard at first. I'd have to wait and go when my dh could go.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:55 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I got pregnant about a year after having my oldest. It is difficult don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't change it. Having 2 babies in diapers is pretty expensive so, make sure you are financially ready...good luck to you :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I got pregnant while I was on the pill when my youngest was 4 months old... imagine my surprise! Unfortunately, it was ectopic:( We ttc again in December (my dd was 12 months) and we were successful on the first try but that pregnancy ended at 5 weeks:( My 13 month old is so demaining right now, I can't imagine having an infant to care for too. I think she would be too jealous. I think she will be good with it when she is two.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I got pregnant with my second when my first was 6 months old. So, my first two are 15 months apart in age. I really liked them begin so close and being pregnant while caring for an older baby was incredibly easy on me. (I could nap when she napped, it was great.) I find the closer ages easier than having them 2 years apart. Of course, sometimes it just isn't possible to have them close. If I got to pick, I'd have all mine less than 18 months apart.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Done what? had a second child?
    Yes, we got pregnant when our first was 4 month old.
    Waiting until baby is 8+ month is not too soon. If you are both ready, you should be fine. Good Luck!!!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2011