I was told this is wrong...

I live far from my family and my husband is military. He was deployed when my daughter was born and for the first year of her life. While he was gone I posted lots of pics and videos on fb of our daughter for him to see her progressing. Also so my family and friends back home could see. Some of the pics and videos are of her in the tub. I have been told by some friends that this is wrong and I should not put naked pics of my daughter online. (some of these friends have kids some don't) My fb is private and only friends can access my page you can't even look me up if you aren't a friend of a friend. I don't friend people I don't know. What do you think? Am I a bad parent? Do you share bath time pics?

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Oh, for Pete's sake! This is a good example of the kind of fearmongering that is so prevalent nowdays. Some people act like every other person on the internet is a creepy pedophile just waiting to look at pics of their kids. If a pedophile really wants to see pictures like that, there are much easier ways of getting them than hacking into private fb pages. (Which is completely icky if you think about it, but true.) If I were in your shoes and any of my family or friends had a problem with what I was posting, I would make it clear the them that I don't post it for THEM. I post those things for HER DAD who shouldn't have to miss out on all the cute baby-in-the-bathtub moments just because THEY are overly-cautious prudes. Anyone who doesn't like what I post doesn't have to look at them.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If they're talking down about your pics I'd de-friend them.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Personally, I wouldn't put naked pics of my kid on FB, just because if someone really wanted to get at your pics, they can (even if it is set to private). There are just too many sickos out there. But, you are not a bad mom.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If you're comfortable with posting them, it doesn't matter what they think. And you are NOT a bad parent.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I think it's fine- she's a baby
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• nope whats wrong with that?? Your fine! Don't stress it.
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 11:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I don't think it's "wrong," but I don't ever post any pics of my kids where any of their private areas are showing. (I do have pics of them in the tub, but they are strategically taken so you can't see anything). To me, it's a privacy thing, I wouldn't want pics posted of me completely naked, so I don't post my kids naked either.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I dont see anything wrong with bath pics as long as the private parts arent in the photo, but that's common sense. Bath photos are adorable! You arent a bad parent!!!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• What sicko minds people have. Your FB is private.. which really does mean only friends and family you accept can see it. Child molesters have more sources to fill there evil heads than peoples fb pictures that are set as private. Please. You are not a bad parent.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I dont think youre a bad parent.

Answer by gemgem at 11:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2011