what would of done...

ok so recently had to let go of my baby sitter, untill i place another ad and find a new one i have to rely on my freinds to help or just take them with me. recently my freind offered to watch my kids so i could go to the tax place and do our taxes (i really dont want to take the kids with me its a small building and takes forever) anyways my freind said she could do it for me but shed have to bring her bestie along whos visiting for GA for the weekend. i said no prob. but when husband found out he emailed her and said dont worry about it he wasnt comfortable with someone he didnt know being in his house while hes not home (DH is deployeD) he gest like this especially during deploy he constantly worries about me and my decisions and it makes me feel almost like hes trying ton control things. which i dont like. at all im not the type of person to be controled. so i missed going to the tax office and now shes mad at me and wont return my emails or phone calls. im burnin my bridges quickly and am begining to feel alienated. still got a few months to go before hes home. and i could sure use some help in the mean time!!! **before u say it yes i couldenroll the kids in a part day or hrly daycare but there tons of paperwork and it takes like a month to get things straight so they can use the facility.** **and please no bashing my husband hes a good man, bend over backwards for me and my kids and his country, hes really having a hard time with things that are going on overseas, and from what hes told me with good reasoning**

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 12:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I probably would of done the same that your hubby did. He was only looking out for your welfare and maybe comes across as controlling but he is out of the Country and feels he needs to do that, however, I would communicate and tell him that he needs to start trusting your decisions and you guys are a team. Now for your friend, you can't control how others will react to situations and I'm sorry she isn't understanding about it. I have alot of friends who have filed their taxes online, you will find away, you seem like a very determined woman and thank your hubby for his service please!!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 5:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• That's so hard, he is far away and can't take care of his family. I understand his point; he just loves you and is worried about you. At the same time, you have to take care of things while he's gone - and he's going to have to trust your judgment and decisions while he's gone. Can you talk to him or write a letter, explaining that you understand but he needs to trust you? Your friend was going to be there, it's not like you had a complete stranger watching your children. You are not always going to be able to do things the way "he" would do it, and he really needs to get his head around that. Best of luck to you, and thank your DH for my family and I.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Can't you use Turbotax and do them online at home for free so you don't have to go to the tax office?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Either use TurboTax online(they walk you through it step by step) or just take them with you. I don't see the problem with taking kids places with you.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i can but im sooo scared to do it myself he said if i wantedt o i could do it online but i REALY dont want to F this up since we need all the money to pay off bills and the car and etc etc.
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• its not that i have a problem taking them with its just the palces were we go on post is soo small and always full of people. and ur usually there for hrs little attention spans = not so good.
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Even though he is deployed, he can do the taxes online, for free. Mine did last year. Through H&R Block. Free.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• He has internet, he e-mailed your friend. He can do it. And, it's free. :) We have done it this way for a few years, takes about 10 days to 2 weeks to get the money.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• ok annon- weak ass hiding behind a ? mark. first off shes a mil wife herself and she knows how it is. you trying being ripped from your family and seeing how u like it how u feel not knowing whats going on each day, and fearing that every minute your alive is your last minute alive. fuck you bitch
    and he would of known we share a FB account and talk atleast once a day and i dont keep secrets from my husband.
    its people like u that piss me off but its ok b/c my husbands fighting for your right to be that fucking ignorant ..cunt
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You can file online for free.. I used "I-Can E-File!" It is so easy.. you put in your numbers and it gets your money back. I got 4500. It came in withing 7-10 days.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2011