What the heck is wrong with Dora?????

I am so sick of hearing that Dora is a bad show. Why , what's wrong with Dora????

I admit before having my 4 year old I was being silly and immature and I refused to let any of my kids watch Dora that was BEFORE I had kids.

I now see how much she has learned from watching Dora. She learned to count in spanish BEFORE English. She will need to know how to count in spanish anyway so why not??

So mom's why do you not like Dora??

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 12:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hey girl, don't take the crap personally about your misguided youthful prejudices, and good for you for growing up. No one's perfect but people can improve. Owing up to your mistakes is the first step. Regarding Dora, I'm not sure. I find most of the kids shows annoying, but we don't watch it at home (my neices watch it)... and eventually when my son starts watching TV, I think you could do a lot worst than Dora or DIego. You should ask your group why they don't like her!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 2:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• you can only take so much of her high pitched voice. I stick to PBS.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Personally, I am Hispanic and love my dd watching Dora it teaches basic knowledge as well another culture and language. Diego and Handy Manny are also good
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 12:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My daughter loves Dora...and yes, there are much more annoying shows out there (I hate Olivia, she's such a little bitch)....but can't the animators of Dora give her a shirt long enough to cover her belly button? Just sayin'.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i've never ever heard of dora being controversial.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I don't have any problems with Dora. My son used to watch Dora when he was little.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My kids used to watch Dora when they were younger. I thought it was a cute show. We still use Dora catchphrases every now and then, like "Backpack backpack", "We did it!!: and " Swiper no swiping!"
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I can't stand the fact she asks the kids to yell out stuff, then asks them to yell louder. Plus as another pp says her voice can get annoying. There is worse options for educational purposes though so I stand it.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 1:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Almost every kids cartoon can be annoying but if it's educational to my child and she loves it than so be it! My kiddos have learned so much from watching her. They know their numbers,colors, shapes,& many other words in Spanish.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I don't mind Dora. I can't stand caillou... that show is so damn annoying. That character is messed up!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2011