How did this story not make the news?

I don't remember hearing anything about this...the child abuse stories that make the news are SO selective...the mommy blogger that recaps the story is someone I've grown to like, and when she shared the story of heart breaking child abuse that her husband's coworker is working hard to correct...well, I cried like a baby.

This is a hard story to  read...http://www.themarthaproject.com/2011/01/28/my-most-important-post-ever/

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• america cares more about obama swatting flys like a jedi than its own people T_T sad right?
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 12:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• There are many stories about horrific child abuse that never get picked up by the AP or other national outlets. To be frank, I think it's all too common, and unless there is a huge public outrage in the local community the nationals just don't give it any attention. A child being abused isn't news, its the people involved that are, as sick as that seems.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I hope the mother is murdered is prison! Sick B****! That poor child. I sure hope he'll be okay when he gets old enough to understand.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• That is so terrible to many evil people in the world nowadays. I am glad that he is happy & doing well now & was given a better opportunity at life with his new mommy. May his future be bright & accomplished.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• here's some brand new photos of that sweet and precious little boy

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Von-Cook-Images/368997186262#!/album.php?aid=261397&id=368997186262
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My heart and prayers go out to little Holden. I cant wrap my head around how a mother can cause so much pain to her child. I hope she pays for what she did to him for the rest of her life.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Poor little sweet boy. He's adorable and I'm so sorry he's going to have to deal with so much pain and struggle throughout his life. Especially when he realizes that he will NEVER have kids. He's an angel along with the people that are helping to raise him.
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 1:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It's actually in the news here, but I live in the Houston area so I bet that's why. They often update when they can. It is terribly heartbreaking. And while I feel absolutely terrible for him, I also feel terrible for the hundreds of boys who are circumcised every day. That was, after all, the excuse she gave for her reasoning.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 1:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• OMG.... i am totally horrified that any mother could do that to their child, any human for that matter. That poor child. He will be in my prayers
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• That's one sick woman.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2011