ANYONE NOTICE THAT THE BOTTLE WATER

IS GETTING A BAD RAP? THEY SAY THE BOTTLE NEVER DIES~~~WELL THEN WHY DON'T THEY GO AFTER COKE BOTTLES OR PEPSI BOTTLES? FIRST THEY SAY BOTTLE WATER IS WHAT WE NEED IT IS THE BEST AND HEALTHY FOR US THEN THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WASTE!!!!

justgg

Asked by justgg at 9:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• okay - thats it - no more bottled water. I'm switching to vodka.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• can't it all be recycled?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I guess because you can't get soda out of a tap at home. I don't know.....
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I really wish people would just leave it to there top part, that way I could provide much better smart ass answers.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Well it can all just be recyvcled but we are paying $10,000 a minute for something that is readily available. Bottled water grosses me out anyway, a filter system for your tap water is the healthiest solution. tap water is often better regulated than bottled water and has to meet more stringent standards at both the federal and local levels.One example is city's tap water cannot have any E. coli or fecal coliform bacteria, while bottled water is allowed a certain amount of these bacteria. Plus the chemicals used to make the plastic are under scrutiny for causing cancer. People are more likely to drink a warm water than a warm soda
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• it is easier to recycle aluminum cand (my family recycles everything) BUT most businesses and homes do NOT recycle which makes bottled water really harmful because of how many are being put into our landfills.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Water doesn't need to be bottled...it's free. If you can put a filter on your tap it's the same OR BETTER than bottle water. We try to minimize any buying of bottle or plastic in our house. I do still buy milk in a bottle but only because it's cheaper. Soda is bad for you too...don't drink it....
    TwocutiesMumma

Answer by TwocutiesMumma at 10:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• One example is city's tap water cannot have any E. coli or fecal coliform bacteria, while bottled water is allowed a certain amount of these bacteria.

That is not the case. Here in the DC area these have been found in the local drinking water, as well as traces of prescription medication.
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 10:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Yeah, tap water really grosses me out -- even with a filtration system. Unless it's distilled, I am not sure there isn't poop, chemicals, arsenic, and prescription medicine in the water. I don't buy bottled spring water tho, I buy distilled or distill it myself. My city water system sends out reports with the amounts of bacteria allowed and how the levels are ---grrrrosssss!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• They sent out people as undercover spies to check and half the so-called bottled spring water was simply tap water that they ran through a filter to remove the chlorine taste.
    Anonymous