Do you beleive in capital punishment?

Explain why or why not.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes I do. Giving someone multiple life sentances means that they will never get free on parole - but why should the taxpayers pay to house, feed, and clothe someone who will never contribute anything to society (other than the misery and pain they caused other people)?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes I do!!! A friend of mine was murdered 10 years ago by her ex- boyfriend and he is sitting in prison for the rest of his life, living off the tax-payers' money. He can watch cable tv, exercise in a weight room and get three meals a day. He admitted that he killed her, but has shown no remorse. Fry his sorry butt and be done with it.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Abslutely. It isn't used often or swiftly enough.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I SURE DO !! if there is no evidence of the crime then no let them live;; but if the semen of some pervert was found in a toddlers body hmmm feed them to hyenas.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have to agree with scuba, as for making license plates.. give that job to people that need to work, not people in prison.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes. I just can't justify feeding and housing a murderer for the rest of their life.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Absolutely... eye for an eye. Piske, you said that it could be your child that was wrongly convicted.... On the other hand, it could be your child who is the victim.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• LOL, DMac :) I guess there's that.

Inmates that have no chance of ever being released don't have anything to lose in prison. They kill/injure guards and other prisoners. They start riots, and some even harass the families that they harmed (letters, etc.) They suck our legal system dry with constant appeals and motions. The costs far exceed those of just keeping these people alive.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• yes-
    threw forensics now a days u can be 100 % certain of someones guilt.
    and i believe a life for a life, if u take someones u should pay the debt with your own.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes. I agree with scuba. Between forensics and the lengthy appeal process, those who commit Murder, deserve the death penalty.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2011