Glass Rocks for a Gas Fireplace?

I asked this question the other day and didn't get any responses :(

I was wondering if anyone has used glass rocks in their gas fireplace instead of the traditional fake logs? I've found several websites that sell them, but wanted to know what your experience has been with them?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 12:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We haven't used them, but have looked at them in a local fireplace store. They are incredibly beautiful. If you have a local store that sells them, you should go check them out so that you can see them lit up.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I haven't seen that, but it sounds like it could be really nice!! I'll have to look that up for my mother-in-law's gas fireplace that sounds fun!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It's gorgeous, hippomom! I found a site where they are really inexpensive (www.americanspecialtyglass.com), and it seems really easy, but I wish I knew someone who'd done it! The colors are amazing, I think I want white though. I love the fire & ice thing. :)
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011