How can I deal with my depression?

Am so sad ,i feel so alone am having problems with all the people around me cause my mood had change during my pregnancy and they dont understand me not even my mom she dosent talk to me because of my mood she saids that am treating everybody in my house bad but is not my fault I dont want to be like that my boyfriend is accusing me of playing him because he saw some messages of 2 of my friends in my myspace page and they were just saying HI!>...Am really sad i dont know what to do ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Get help... talk to your ob/gyn and they can usually refer you to a prenatal counselor that will help you with depression. Some health care services also provide classes on prenatal depression for both the mother and father, so that they can better understand you. You need to make it clear to others around you what's going on with you and how you need their support.
    TinaBeena1216

Answer by TinaBeena1216 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• You need to have open communication with your friends and family. Be honest with them and up front. Don't try to hide your feelings. Get help. I had prenatal AND post partum depression. It's not a safe place to be. There are safe anti-depressants to take while pregnant, but there are also alternatives. You need to talk with your doctor or midwife to see what safe alternatives are out there.
    Don't give up hope. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me, okay?
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 7:37 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Many people will have many answers to this question but the only thing that ever worked for me, and I have 5 kids and with the last one my mom died; all that helped was prayer. God carried me through it. He can do it for you also.
    godservant

Answer by godservant at 11:13 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• First place to start is with your doctor. Then you need to talk to you mom honestly and maturely. She obviously had you so she understand the mood swings and ups and downs of pregnancy. My mom and I are really close...but when I am pregnant, she just irritates the heck out of me! Try getting her to relate to how you are feeling. ANd with your boyfriend, honey, the only think you can do there is prove him wrong. But again, the first place to start is getting help from your doctor before things get worse. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. Good luck.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2008