Is there such thing as being both conservative and lib?

How do you know what you are.. can you be a mix or just stuck in the middle of the two? maybe a conservative liberal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I have both liberal and conservative views - but I consider myself a conservative in general. (I believe in the right to choose for example - not a common conservative view.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes, you can be liberal in social issues and conservative in financial issues. Describes my DH
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes. Each individual should be an independent thinker. Your views should represent who you are and what you believe in.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Most people are a mix of the two. When it becomes someone who is all conservative or all liberal it's more like dogma than thought out positions on issues.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• OP--It sounds as if you would likely identify with being a Libertarian.

Here are the five essential traits, and detailed explanations of each one.

http://www.quebecoislibre.org/031108-2.htm

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You can be liberal, moderate or conservative about any issue independent of other issues.

I am a fiscal conservative and a social moderate.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My views are both I think. I know, for example, I dont believe in the death penalty or no second chances. God came to call the sick. i hate hearing people say, "oh, She deserved to die!". Well, We could all take a step back and think of EVERYTHING weve ever done, because in Jesus eyes no sin is worse than the next. I have been told my fault is being too forgiving, but at the same time there is things I dont agree with..like ...I think I should be able to go to a store and not have to look at liqour or tobacco or half dressed women mannequins. I'm a modest person and I think women should have enough respect for themselves to be modest as well.
    toughmom638

Answer by toughmom638 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Yes, it's called I N D E P E N D E N T !
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• LOL There is no such thing as a Conservative Liberal. You can be a moderate one or the other or you can be Independent. Most Independents like to be called that because they have some liberal tendencies and some Conservative therefor they do not want to claim any real party.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It depends. Your philosophy on issues will reflect your core values but if these values are not directly affected by legislation, you might bear to the left side of political thinking unless you have a firm grounding in how we have come to this point in time in our country. This ambivalence in our nature is why political talk shows are so popular and so controversial.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 3:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2011