Could you be allergic to condoms adult content

My on again off again boyfriend wants to have sex tonight. The only prob. is that he says he is allergic to condoms. I said "since when'? I am not on the pill, I'm not budging on this point so no sex and he is upset. Could you seriously be allergic to condoms, or is he copping out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• YES!! U CAN BE ALLERGIC TO CONDOMS!!!! HE IS NOT LYING!!! ALOT OF PEOPLE R ALLERGIC TO LATEX!!! y DON'T U TAKE A PILL?? THEY R NOT LATEX!!

While I agree that some people are allergic to latex, how do you know he is? Don't you know that hormonal BC is not safe to take especially if you have a history of smoking, blood clot, family history of heart problems, breast, lung cancer, ovarian or cervical cancer. So, don't be so sure of yourself especially if you are ANON.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You can be allergic to any made with latex, but there are plenty that are not made with latex.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You never know.. A lot of men hate to wear them.. On the other hand, if they are latex condoms yes.. he could very well be allergic.. Latex allergies are very real and common... They have some that are not made of latex, get those and try them.. If he still doesn't want to try them, yeah.. he is pulling your leg.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would have to say if you guys used them before and he was okay with them then he's probably bullshitting you and just trying to get a piece of ass without being safe. Good for you to sticking to your guns!
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 1:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• yes it is possible he is allergic to the condoms. I have a latex allergy where if i used them i would get little bumps and it itched really bad. I freaked out the first time it happened and went to the dr. You can buy non latex codoms at any drug store, that he is not allergic to....he can't make up any excuses then girl....good luck and be safe tonight.
    my_princess3

Answer by my_princess3 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• u can be allergic to condoms, most def.
    has he used them with you before without issues?
    my freinds allergic to condoms and she has to use those sheep skin ones cause her va jay jay gets all red and swollen and itches for days after she has sex with a reg con
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Some people do have allergies to latex, but there are other kinds of condoms out there that aren't made of latex. Some people are sensitive to Nonoxynol-9, which is one of the spermicides used in condom manufacture, but there are other spermicides, and spermicide-free condoms available. If he knows what it is he's allergic to, he can just go condom shopping and find ones that fit his needs. If he doesn't know if it's latex or spermicide, a non-latex condom without spermicide would be the best choice to avoid a reaction, but an additional lubricant may be required.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Try the latex free ones and tell him to get a life lol. You can be allergic to the latex.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Absolutely. Some people are allergic to latex. There are condoms made of different materials though, he needs to try a different type.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Have yall used them before? And now he is magically allergic?? This would mean he is allergic to anything latex. They make latex free ones. I wouldn't have sex until you found something that will prevent pregnancy.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011