Anyone conceive while they had an IUD in place???

What made you decide to take a pg test? Did/Are you carry(ing) full term?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 1:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had an IUD for 8 years. I was 12 days late once and I was convinced I was preggo. I got a blood test from the doc and I was not pregnant. My doc told me the longer you have the IUD the more effective it is. I had it taken out about 3 years ago and got pregnant within a year. Good luck.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My best friend got pregnant on an IUD. I believe she tested because she had pregnancy symptoms (morning sickness in particular). She's currently 16 or 17 weeks and things are going well.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• A friend of mine got pregnant with the Mirena. She tested because she didn't get her period when she expected it. When she saw the doctor, it turned out that the Mirena had slipped down into her cervix and that was probably why it had failed. She had incompetent cervix, maybe that was a factor as to why it didn't stay put. Her son is a few months old now- he is her third and she asked her dh to get snipped!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I didn't, but my sister in law did. My other sister in law got pregnant on the pill all three times.....but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the pill.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 2:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2011