Vintage Mickey Bedding!

I am redoing my sons room for his birthday and want to do steamboat willie or a vintage mickey mouse theme but I can't find anything online! Has anyone else tried looking for this or know what I could do to get it? I have my heart set on it and refuse to give up hope!

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You could also find a picture online and take it somewhere to have one of those fabric transfers made. then make your own comforter and pillow cases and buy a set of sheets
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Have you tried Amazon.com?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Try eBay but make sure they are new items
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have tried both websites and its not what i'm looking for. They say its vintage mickey but its "vintage" from like the 90s!!! I want 50s Mickey Mouse!
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Kaboodle maybe? Or try etsy.com
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Search antique dealer websites. Some have an area where you can ask questions. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• What about buying vintage fabric and making your own bedding? It's not too hard, and you'd probably be more likely to find what you're looking for.
    Anonymous

• how much are you willing to invest? that is actually a kinda expensive theme because the resorces are limited. my mil had a collectable shop and i think she has a steamboat willie print sitting in her basement. if you pm me an offer i will tell her (she recently retired and is needing more money then she has coming in but... idk what you are thinking as a good price...it is 8x10 framed) try shopdisney.com ... they might have links to dealers. but you should know that is something that old people kling to... and i kinda inflated if you ask me --- a great choice but everyone has different... ideaks of what to spend on kids. as for the sheets and bedding you might just have to make it match... and have the lamps and possibly decorative accents make the classic mickey because back then - they didnt make kids bedding in mickey that much - most in the 50's had coyboy or other generic kids theme that they were so happy to have.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011