a mother lied about her place of residence to get her kids into a better school- she gets 10 days in jail;; a female teacher ran away with a 15 yr old boy across state lines for 2 weeks and she gets probation

shruggingwhat is wrong with the justice system?? if the teacher was male and the student female the male teacher would be crucified ! women some times get light and fluffy punishments while men tend to get the swift hammer of justice. women wanted equal rights but that is not equal imo

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow that's TOTALLY not fair. That woman needs to be branded as a pedophile and register as a sex offender for the rest of her life. I am SO sick of the double standards with women and men. Men do a lot of times in situations such as these get the short end of the stick. Seriously wtf is WRONG with people nowadays?
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 1:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I know! I teacher from my old high school was sleeping with a student and all she got was 5 years probation and but of the sex offenders list. It's a bunch of BS!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• The woman who 'lied' to get her kids into a better school did more than just lie. She tampered with documents,refused to pay when she was found out and had others lie and tamper with documents for her as well. THAT is what got her the jail time. Lying is one thing, falsifying documents is another.
    As for the sex offenders--I agree, they should have gotten more too, but I'm not familiar with those cases so I cannot fully comment.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I dont understand why female pedophiles arent treated the same as males. That's just not right. There is still an underage victim involved. As for the other mom, her sentence should've been suspended upon completion of court ordered payments to payback any "tuition" or loss of tax funds. No one was really "harmed" by her kids attending a better school. There are definately some flaws in the system- that's for sure!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• yes the mom who lied and tampered with documents was wrong but;;; an adult woman taking an underaged child without his parent's consent , crossed state lines, had sex wit him .. that is a whole different ball game. it is sickening. i can't imagine my son disappearing for 2 weeks with a creepy pervert.
    gwen20

Comment by gwen20 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• We are getting ready to investigate a parent at the school where I teach. She has claimed to be 'homeless' yet she lives with her mom. (I know all the intricacies of claiming homelessness). Her son is in my class. He was talking about getting up every morning and walking to the store to get his biscuit for breakfast before he gets to school. (where he eats a second free breakfast) I asked him which store. The store he goes to is in another county. He said he walks the half mile up the road to his grandmother's house and catches the bus. Wait, I thought you lived with your grandmother. Nah, we just tell the school that so I can keep coming here but we aren't in grannies district. Well, where does your mom work. At the hospital says he. So, he isn't homeless, he doesn't live in the county, and mom is employed as a nurse. She is in trouble.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• They both broke the law and had to answer for it. One judge may have been hard and the other not hard enough. Happens everyday. When you break the law you get punished. I dont see the problem.

Answer by gemgem at 2:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2011