How can I keep mac & cheese from drying out so quickly?

When I cook instant macaroni & cheese for the kids, I notice that after a short time the mac & cheese tends to dry out. What is a good tip on keeping it moist or something so it won't dry out? Thank you for your help! Take Care & God Bless.

singergirlstar

Asked by singergirlstar at 1:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Cover it with plastic wrap while it is still warm. If is gets too cold, add a little water, cover & microwave to reheat.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Try using a little more liquid when you make it, or adding a little milk to it after it starts to thicken up.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Just add a little extra butter, or even a little extra milk (or a combination). I sometimes add a can of cream of mushroom soup to make it creamier.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Honestly, I think the stuff is crap and that's why. Have you tried making homemade? It does take a bit longer but is just as easy :)

(and yes, I occasionally make the boxed stuff for DD hehe)
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 2:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Cover it witha lid or plastic wrap after you have served it.....maybe it will keep the moisture in longer. After that, if you have left overs, just adding a tiny bit of water does the trick. God bless you too!
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 3:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Make sure you cover it tightly to store, then add a little milk when you reheat it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I used to make it with less butter and more milk, and it would get funky like that. Once I started using the right amount of butter, or even a tad extra, it stayed nice. You definitley need to doctor up leftovers.
    Anonymous

• We add more butter.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Add a little more butter and a splash of milk and warm it back up.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:58 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• that stuff is gross!!! Lol but use more milk and invest in a calorie free butter spray
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2011