Christmas for a 6 month old?

Any specific gifts that are good for a 6 month old? I am thinking I will go personalized on many, but I am looking for "learning" toys. Any recommendations?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 9:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oops sorry, she will be almost 8 months old at Christmas.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Leap frog are great for learning toys, as well as playskool and fisher price. My kids have the little fisher price piano they love it! Also building blocks, little einstines dvd's......ummmmm........things that make noise like drums (i know I'm crazy).....thats all i can think of right now
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 9:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My son will be 7.5 months at Christmas and we are getting him a lot of leap frog toys. They have a table that the little ones can pull up on and it has all sorts of buttons/wheels/lights to keep them entertained. They also have smaller toys that they can hold while learning to sit on the floor (or to stay entertained in a highchair. One of the things I like about the leapfrog toys is that they are also bilingual (I live on the southwest border where Spanish; unfortunately, is prominant). The other brands are great as well, I just think leapfrog is geared more towards education. Hope it helps!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Ok, before I answer your question, I went to look at your profile to see how close your daughter's birthday was to my son's (he's April 2nd) and I have to say that your daughter is omg...one of the most beautiful babies that I have ever seen!  All y'all (that's a Texasism for ya!) need to go look at her baby girl!! lol

Ok, to answer your question... my son LOVES his stacking rings.  He has a ball that's made by v-tech that makes noise and rolls a little bit on it's own. It's supposed to encourage them to crawl. 

He LOVES his "cell phone".  It's made by Parents (yes, the magazine people) and they sell it at Target.  You can record like a minute on it, so when your baby hits that particular button she hears a message.  Mine is me and my stepsons saying, "We love you, Maxy!" lol  He loves to press the buttons and see it light up.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• For Chanukah he's getting the Busy Ball Popper (or maybe just the train, I haven't decided) and maybe this cell phone because it's on clearance and got great reviews.

Chewy stuff, of course. I don't know where your daughter is in the wonderful world of teething, but I'm getting Max the Teethifier! Poor kid. He's got six teeth in the front and keeps gagging himself sticking odd things to the back of his mouth. I'm hoping this works out for him!

Hope that helps!

Avarah

• try the fisher price toys good for 6 months and up. My dd will be 5 months around christmas time and i am getting her learning toys for 6 months plus.
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2008