Racial Issues

Okay I have to say something. I have been reading these posts about racism and I want to clear something up. I don't care what color you are everyone deals with racism. It not just the African Americans, Caucasions, Asians, Latinos(that is the correct term instead of calling someone "mexicans"). We as people have to learn to get past it. Because as long as we have ignorant people around racism will always be around. Another thing not ALL African American women hate to see their black men with white women. I hate that I am being put in that catergory. You may know of some black female who think that way but there is many of us that don't give a damn what color your are. You love who you love. Another thing just because I am black dosen't mean I am all for Al Sharpton or Jesse jackson, if you ask me I think they cause more trouble then help. People like Sharpton, Jackson, females that hate to see their men with other race, people who think all blacks are racism and think the white owe them something (not all of us think that) is the reason why racism exist. I think if people read up on racism and had knowledge of other cultures then we may get somewhere in this world. But please be careful how you word stuff, i don't want to be lumped in the catergory of All blacks are racism. Thanks! Oh yeah, blacks did sell their own into slavery(Marcus Garvey). I educated of that before I was in highschool. Education is the key ladies.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 2:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• clapping

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~.... I can care less about most poeple... and here is why!!! They do not pay my bills, sleep in my bed, raise my kids, live under my roof, or directly effect my life (such as a religous leader, boss, etc.)

And unless someone is a new color I've yet to see like purple or green, you probably won't hold my interest... sorry but it's true!!! I come from a multi-racial family and so does my husband... so we have children mixed with more than we have frickin fingers?!?!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• – collapse
    Reading the beginning of this i could tell you were black && your referring to me as putting "MEXICANS" i can say that i am a mexican american so if you have a problem with that chill out!!! Just because you dont care what races are doesnt mean everyone else doesnt. Do yu know how many people stare at me && my fiance?? TONS! so please if you dont know what its like please shut the hell up.thankssssssss :)
    Bree_vee25

Answer by Bree_vee25 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I know what it is like to get pulled over just because you black. I know what it is like to be followed around in stores because I am black. In the end racism will always be there you have to just deal. I wasn't targeting you. But hey if you want to be ignorant go ahead Bree vee
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I am hispanic and my kids are mixed. My husband is white. No one really gives us any grief. I was raised and taught that people are different everywhere. This is America, and it is the melting pot. Negative people will exist everywhere, and it doesnt matter what race they are. To me, its all it is, negative people. They will work to bring others down and use whatever they can do it. They will use social status, race, religious or whatever works for them.
    I taught my kids like I was, rise above it. Be nice to everyone regardless of what label you think they have. You might make a new friend and be surprised. Stay away from negative self pitying type people. Rise above it and make something of yourself. No one else will do it for you. My grandparents came here with no education and made a life for us. If they can do it, surely we all can.

Answer by gemgem at 2:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• That is what we all have to do gemgem in order to live in this world.
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Good post! Some people really need to be educated on racial issues.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• goodI am so used to seeing pretty babies of all colors from my friends.  Love exists between races.  Why is that so hard to accept?

2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I am not concerned with race but I do have a litmus test of sorts its the asshole or non asshole test after that who cares anymore. I learn so much more from people every day who cares what or where they come from share everything and gain so much more back.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I'm having a hard time right now.. I live in a small town and the very first 4 person homicide, ..the guy who did it was black.. this is scary.. People in small towns are sheltered it seems like (like me,) we don't see very many black people around .... so when this kind of thing happens, yes we get a little racist.
    Po0okiebear69

Answer by Po0okiebear69 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2011