• In the Spotlight:

Any of you Adopted?

Are any of you Adopted and wonder about you family whom you've never met? I am 23 and I was adopted as a little girl I remember the foster homes but never my Biological mother. I know that she gave me up but she also gave my sister and 3 brothers. I am the youngest and I have never asked any of my siblings if they remember her because I know that it might bring up some bad memories for them. I also know that She had another child after me. My question is How do I find my Family? Before I send this All 3 of my brothers and my sis and I were Adopted into a wonderful home but I would like to know more for my childrens sake.

Kayla23boys

Asked by Kayla23boys at 9:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Adoption

• I was adopted at birth and just found my BM. Her and my sister are as much a part of my life as my APs. I would start with the family you are close with and see if they remember anything that could help you out. It may be tough, but if you are the baby in the family, they will understand that you don't remember her. Good luck on your search, but remember genetics don't make a family, love does.
    sadfairytale

Answer by sadfairytale at 10:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• quote: I have never asked any of my siblings if they remember her because I know that it might bring up some bad memories

Talk to your brothers and sister. They have probably been waiting for you to ask. Dont put too much energy fearing the unknown. Go find your truth.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 4:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I am adopted too. I was a newborn. I know nothing about my biological mother and nor biological father. When I was adopted it was all closed adoption. so all the medical and everything I do not know. I just found out that I have type 2 diabetes. One way I would like to meet biological parents but in the other way i do not. The parents that I have know are very loving and caring. I would not want it any other way.
    wolflinx

Answer by wolflinx at 4:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2008