does every baby lose their hair?

alot of people tell me that all babies lose their hair and then new hair grows. is this true, if so when does it happen?

EliannasMama

Asked by EliannasMama at 2:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby girl is 2months and still have her hair same with my son we had to cut his because he had to much. So no not all baby loose their hair.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 2:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No, not all babies do, some do, some don't. I think it's usually in about the first 3-6 months that this happens.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• my daughter was born with tons..and everyone said "dont get to attached to it, it will all fall out"...yaaaa..that NEVER happened!! never happened to my nephew either..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• ok thanks!! my daughter is almost 3 months and still hasnt lost any hair, her hair has been growing everywhere execpt the top front part but she was born like that so im sure it will take time.
    EliannasMama

Comment by EliannasMama (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My son never lost any of his hair...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My oldest dd didn't but my youngest did
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• babies don't lose hair. what happens is their heads grow so fast that it ends up looking thinner. but no baby actually loses their hair
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• My daughter never lost her hair. It did get thinner when she was about 3 months but she still had a lot more than most babies we know. It thickened back up when she was about 9 months old and got curly : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I had 5 babies, and NONE of them LOST their hair, especially not all of it. One lost a little (very little), but for the most part, it just got lighter and lighter and more kept growing - but the did NOT LOSE their hair. I think people who spout that are crazy. Mine didn't even have the rubbed-bald spot on the backs of their heads.
    Anonymous

• not all babies! My son lost ALL his hair but my friends daughter didnt lose ANY of her hair and at 5 months it goes down her back!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011