When you start dating again...

When do you mention you have a child. I was thinking the first date... is that right? At what point do you introduce your new intrest to your child? Sorry this is all new to me. Even though I am not ready to date yet I am curious... thanks!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• U don't want guys coming into and out of your childs life. It is confusing and frustrating for the child. Before u get serious,i think it is a very good idea on the first date to lay it all out and tell him everything. Especially since u do have a child. I would wait until u know for sure if this realtionship is going to last or not before intrducing him to your child.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• the first date is always the best time to tell sumone you have a child. ....&& u should waite to introduce ur kid to guys u meet. u dont want your kid to be around sumone you dont even kno is goin to be there for u or not....hope dis helps
    mrs.hooten

Answer by mrs.hooten at 3:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Tell him on the first date, but do not introduce him to your child until you are sure it's a serious relationship.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• clockit would take a very long time to introduce my child to a guy who is not their father. maybe more than a year imo. the reason for this is because i have dated guys in the past for 6 -7 months and then i came to the realization that he is not who i thought he was. to be realistic- it takes more than a few months to really get to know a guy and his skeletons. i think that when u 1st meet a guy you are actually meeting his representative. take time to know him.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I waited about 4 months before introducing my boyfriend to my daughter and he is the only one who has came into our lives the others I just went with my gut if I wanted them to meet my daughter. Take it slow and you will know when you meet the "one". GL
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• In the "getting to know each other" conversation, I would let them know when you get around to discussing children. This may or may not happen the first date. Just see how it goes. Personal information shouldn't be forced, just let it casually happen. He may or may not ask you. If you are in conversation and you ask him, then he may go next. Just play it by ear, so to speak.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 12:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2011