how to get pregnant fast after havein a miscariage...

i had a miscarigae aug 28th.me && my fiance been tyin to have a baby.a couple ppl told me to have sex while im on my period.idk does that really work?? anyways i think i could be pregnant,but if not i wanna try sumthings to make sure it is sucessful...oh im still takein my prenatal pills dat my doctor gave me i kno dat would help...so can sum one give me sum tips thanx!

mrs.hooten

Asked by mrs.hooten at 2:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry for your loss, i also had a miscarriage in Nov. the period thing i don't think that works, just have sex when you're ovulating if you're not sure when that is go to babycenter.com there's a ovulating calendar just put when your period started and it will tell you when you're ovulating and you can get busy and don't worry we're on the same boat baby dust to you.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would really recommend that you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, which teaches you ways to identify from your body's own signs when you are most fertile. Having sex on your period is not terribly likely to help you get pregnant- for most women it's too early in their cycle. You need to time sex around ovulation to maximize your odds. I'm sorry for your loss- I had a m/c with my first pregnancy too and know it's a really hard thing to go through.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• thanx you guys! yes i brought an ovulation kit. i started testin on th 9th of jan throw the 15th of jan. i used the baby center to help me pin point when i would ovulate an it told me the 15th of jan....but when i was testin the only days i had a positive was the 11th, 12th,13th...when i tested on the 15th i was neg.my friend had sex when she was on her period.an she got pregnant. so did my sister. but idk. ima jus keep tryin && keep prayin. it happend once im pretty sure i will happen again......
    mrs.hooten

Comment by mrs.hooten (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

And the only people who "get pregnant on their period" are people with SUPER short cycles who ovulate directly after their period. The don't actually ovulate while menstrating but very shortly after.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Along with charting dates, you could do things like make small changes in your diet.

It's been a proven fact that drinking herbal teas such as orange or black tea, can help increase your fertility. Even switching from white to wheat bread can help.

Hope you'll be blessed with a beautiful pregnancy!
    ChelseATX

Answer by ChelseATX at 4:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Having intercourse during your period doesn't work as this is when your body is shedding the lining of your uterus so you can't actually get pregnant at that time. If you read the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility, I think it will help you out alot with learning your body's natural fertility signs like cervical mucus and body temperature so that you can time your babymaking for your most fertile time. I hope that you have a successful pregnancy! I, too, had a m/c in the summer and another one at the first of January so I understand what you have gone through.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 2:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2011