what is the best way to find a church?

I am going through a very hard time in my life and I really want to go to church again. I don't have friends in this area and am nervous about going by myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My aunt went through this and the only way she found one was to go to Sunday services at a different one each week for awhile. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If I don't know anyone I sit way in the back.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• you could go online and do a communtity search for various churches, check out their websites, and see what they offer/times for/types of services..if they have pics of their church's 'goings on'/socials, etc. you can get a pretty good idea of the age-range of the membership/attendees. most importantly, in checking out the websites, you can read their mission/faith statements and see which ones best align with your beliefs, before stepping foot in their doors. its a start.
    other than that, just go. when i've shopped for churches, i tend to like those that are in my near vicinity, rather than driving across town. idk why, i just like it better. if you want to take it a step further, after you've narrowed down the websites to a few to start with, you could call the church and ask to speak to someone about the services/times/etc., then when you go, plan on being arriving at least 10 mins ahead of service. GL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I agree to try a different chruch every Sunday, and check out their mission statement and what they stand for.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• like dull said, check out websites for churches around your area. You can also ask around to get recommendations. If you're part of a local group on cm maybe you could ask those moms where they go. I'd recommend attending several services to get a real feel for the church. However, in some cases you might feel "at home" right away and that's ok too. Good luck with your search!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 4:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Talk to coworkers and do web search and or go to a church or churches in the area for a month to see which one is best for you and call the church to talk to the pastor or perist or bishop to meet and get a glems of the church and there mission is
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• By the leading of Holy Spirit first and He may lead you through websites or phonebook . You can also ask the Lord for connections and He will put you right where you need to be for that to happen. Just ask the Lord is the best way to find one.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Just rember your going for God not people. Just do it.lol try a few different churches and see which one you like.I would say just go to the service and then if you like it then go to sunday school .I used to go to church by myself sometimes I felt odd but I could keep my foucus on God better . The people there should be loving and kind so dont worry about its like a new job.Or thats the way I am , I am shy around peolpe I dont know.
    You should be find just go !!!! :)
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• The best way to find a church is to look inside yourself. Your body is a temple, and if the Creator truly dwells there, you are ALWAYS at church.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Sorry you are going through a hard time right now. What i would do when i was looking for a church to attend was what i am more comfortable with & for me that was a non denominational church. Try looking up the different type of churches there are in your area & if they are large or small. I am in the same process now. I have not been to church in a year or more & even then it was off & on probably because we move so much lol. Good luck with it.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 5:57 AM on Jan. 30, 2011