Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get a state law enforced bby the authorities??

I live in Illinois and we have a law that says no smoking in the workplace. I don't smoke and it is really getting hard to be there when people r smoking. I am talking about certain managers. My lungs cannot handle it!! I am very sensitve to it as well as it makes me really sick!! People r taking days off because they r sick. I thought about saying I am not available on certain days anymore. I really need the smoking to stop all together!! They r supposed to stand 15 away from all entrances when smoking outside!! They could go outside,but they r ignorant!! Please I need help! I thought about calling the health department anonymously. I need to write this anonymously in case any of them r on the site.


Asked by dancer at 3:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Health

Level 27 (31,218 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Your screen name is showing....

    Well anyways called department of health and report them.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • contact human resources

    Answer by augboy11 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • I could of sworn I hit anonymous. Oh, well. They don't even know my screen name and I don't think they come onto this site. I just need to be sure,i need to take precautions.

    Comment by dancer (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

  • Good idea!! I will call the corporate office tomorrow! Thank u!

    Comment by dancer (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011