Our family has not celebrated christmas yet

I have a room full of stuff and i would give it all back it it could help my sister (in law). we did have our normal christmas morning with the kids and then went to my mom's house and usually to Mimi's house but not this year. The day after Thanksgiving my sister went into the hospital for what we thought was an injury from a bike wreck. She had a broken back we thought ok we can deal with this and they decided to transfer her to another hospital. They did many test and dear lord it's cancer. Ok she is young we can deal with that she is strong enough to beat this. They did surgery and took her Kidney out, she did awesome she bounced back so fast. she was released from the hospital the week of christmas and we thought we would just postpone it for a couple of weeks. Well here we r going into February and none of us can bring ourselves to wrap anygifts or even think about it. The cancer is spreading fast and she is loosing her smile that always lites up a room. I guess my question is will we regret not having it or should we try to find the time and celebrate with a bunch of materialistic gifts.

hollieshobbie

Asked by hollieshobbie at 3:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• ask her what she wants. if she wants to celebrate it then i would but you dont want to wait until its too late to celebrate one last holiday she might have. let her choose.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I agree with laura970. I am very sorry. All my prayers for your sister inlaw.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would see about celebrating it. This might be the last Christmas with your sister :-(
    You might regret not having the memory. Maybe you can do it without the things per say, but just as a family as much together as you can have.

Answer by gemgem at 4:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Oh, love your family is certainly going through a tough time. I am sorry. I think you better get wrapping, stuffing the turkey, baking cookies and making the best Christmas in Feb. you can. Christmas is all about love and family. It is just what you need today. Tell her it was a minor set back and move on with her. Stay strong and love each other. You will be in my heart.

blowing kisses

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2011