too attached?

Hi, my husband just left w/ out DS 2.5 yrs old for overnight at his parents house, my inlaws...only 40 minutes from here..but my anxiety is so high right now. I am a first time mom and I have never really been apart from my son for longer than a day - and he just felt like his parents needed some one on one time w/ their grandson - I am first to admit we don't visit them half as much as we visit my parents. Anyone else ever feel this guilt to get their kids to grandmas? And also, and words to help me get through this lonely night are welcome.....you know I just worry about - did DH brush his teeth? Did he get to bed on time? Did he change that diaper!?!? UGH!!!

lauryn88

Asked by lauryn88 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• dont worry they will call if they have any issues. they did raise your husband so they know how to take care of him. just enjoy the nite with your hubby.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• It's wonderful that the grandparents are so close and that they will have this chance to bond with your son. Unless you have significant reason to believe that they are untrustworthy (I mean a real reason.. not brushing his teeth doesn't count), it will be just fine. What's the worse that will happen? Will they stay up late snuggling and watching TV? Will he get to skip dinner at go straight for dessert? Yay, party at grandmas!? These people raised your husband to become the man you know and love - I'm sure they are more than capable of taking care of a 2 year old for one night (just one night!) and they will have FUN! Someday your son will look back fondly on these kinds of trips. So crack open a bottle of wine (yup, mid-day), make plans to go out with the hubby tonight and enjoy being able to sleep in and do all those things that moms rarely are able to do. I'm so jealous - Enjoy!!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If the grandparents raised your husband to adulthood, they will do just fine!! Our kids spend the night with their grandparents about once a month, and have been doing so since they were babies. They love it and the grandparents love it.

Enjoy yourself!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• oh i know how u feel mt twins are 2months and i dont like them out my eyesite not even for 5 minutes ppl say im 2 over protected but i am a first time mom and im so glued 2 my kids so u dont feel bad i guess its life
    mscutie

Answer by mscutie at 5:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Remember these are the people who raised your hubby. They must have done something right for you to have picked him to be the father of your son.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 10:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2011