what do you do if they cry and keep crying

Tylijahnae13

Asked by Tylijahnae13 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it at a certain time of day? It might be colic.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• How old, how long, how often?
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Depends on the age and the circumstances. Generally speaking, I try to identify the problem (hungry, tired, poopy, sick, hurting, scared, etc...), remedy the problem, soothe, and/or distract. If I am out of tricks and getting frustrated, I would put him in a safe place and take a break to calm down and collect myself.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Put them in thier car seat on top of the dryer and turn it on... depending on your dryer
    bri_ann

Answer by bri_ann at 10:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Pick your baby up.
    Usually boredom is the reason for this if it's not a hunger cry, or an annoyance with having a wet diaper..
    So many moms claim they have colicky babies, but really, they just don't spend a lot of time finding ways to entertain their kids.. Yeah, it sucks, but get up and walk around the house with your baby while babbling to him/her.. (This also helps with those last 10lbs everyone complains about!)
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 11:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2008