Have your School-Age Kids (5-8) ever seen The Brady Bunch?

Yes, this is purposely in this section, because I know all the grandmas have kids old enough to have seen it - I'm specifically talking about DS's age.

DS is watching TUFF Puppy, and they just had a scene that was their version of the opening credits from the Brady Bunch. Totally went over his head, even as I sat there giggling. Wondering how many kids in the actual target age of the show would get the joke. (also said we need to have him watch some old episodes of TBB, and DH said he hasn't done anything bad enough to warrant that severe a punishment)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No-
    Anonymous

• Possibly...It's one of my favorite shows and I own all the seasons on DVD (yes, I know I'm pathetic LOL)
    Anonymous

• i don't know what Tuff Puppy is..but i'd wager its writers grew up watching ''marsha!marsha!marsha!'', 'i'll never watch this cheek again!''..and my personal favorite, because i suffer from tonsillitis/laryngitis too often, Carol won't be soloing in the xmas program at church..the only time, if i remember, they ever 'went to church'..LOL!

half of the movies we take ds-5 1/2 to see, have alot of this same 'brings back memories' humor in the script, and it passes right over his Phineas & Ferb head. you gotta give the parents a kick in the pants every now and then. :)

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i don't know what Tuff Puppy is

It's a Nick cartoon - one of the characters is voiced by one of the actors on iCarly, so they cross-promote them a lot
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• No :( We don't have cable or anything and nowhere to rent stuff, so they haven't. If we did have it available, you bet they'd watch it! (PS - I'm not getting the whole grandma refernce thing, but I'm only 30 and used to watch it ALL the time growing up - reruns, baby!).
    Anonymous

• No my kids don't watch much TV--- I don't know what TUFF is, but I used to watch the BB, loved it!
    ;-D
    lol
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2011