I am having a problem with a coworker being rude to me. I need advice please.

A coworker of mine is sometimes moody and disrespectful to me and to others. I have addressed this person twice with respect, sometimes agreeing and letting her know that I am seeing her point of view while making small changes in myself. Yesterday, she griped at me in front of other customers when the mistake was DEFINITELY hers. Wrong! We went into the back room and I told her to grow up, be a professional and own her behavior. Go me!

Here is my question: I have every right to go to the supervisor. Should I tell this woman that I will go to my supervisor if her attitude does not change with me or just go straight to the supervisor? I would feel bad if this person was fired (family, new house) although I KNOW I am not responsible and I think the boss should know. Can you help me with any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• give her another chance and if she is still being rude and disrespectful then that's when you should go to your boss. its annoying when you work somewhere and someone always has to think they are better then everyone else. whatever happens after that is her own fault. you tried talking to her once already, there is no reason to try again. good luck

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• i would cut to the chase, and beat her to the supervisor.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• no. don't confront her. it allows her to prepare herself a good defense
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would def go to the supervisor so you could get your story heard without having to defend yourself to her accusations...if she knows your going to the boss she may try to beat you there and make you look bad.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• there is always gonna be someone like this..this is where i always like to keep my sense of humor at hand. crack a little joke at her so maybe she will pull the stick out of her ass.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• If you can explain you are not reponsible for the problem without talking about the coworker you will be better off. Stick to comments about yourself, not her, if possible.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Go to your supervisor - and I'll bet you won't be the first person to have an issue w/ this woman. And I would put it to your supervisor that although you don't like her attitude, you can handle it but you're concerned about her lack of professionalism in front of customers.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would not criticize a peer; bring this to the attention of human resources, and focus on your own work

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2011