Now this is a super woman? Would you ever be a foster parent?

All this talk about right or wrong about abortion and everything else. I am very thankful for women like this. When my children are grown I actually plan on being a foster parent to. And knowing myself probably adopt some. This story just makes me feel good.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/770459.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would love to foster but i dont think i would be able to ever give them up!! I would want to adopt any chld that lived with me for a while.
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I would love to foster children too but I want to wait to my children are older... I am not sure they how they would handle it emotionally. I have a friend that foster's children, she got to adopt her second foster child. It was very exciting.
    TwocutiesMumma

Answer by TwocutiesMumma at 10:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i would .. i loved my foster parents i hated it when my mom decided she wanted me back
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I will probably be a foster parent soon. I watched my parents do it for 30 years. Some from the time they were young until they turned 18. Some stayed even after 18 until they were able to get on there feet and be on there own. I watched the love they gave to each one... some were infants, toddlers, teens, etc. The cool part was I was there daughter by adoption but they treated us all the same.
    Anonymous

• Why are you waiting until your children are grown? Yes I would be a foster parent, I was a foster child.
    Star419

Answer by Star419 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• We got our first foster child when I was 16. One of the best things that every happened to our family! :) but he is 5 years younger than anyone else in our family and as we get older, he starts to feel more left out. I think fostering kids that are the same age as yours is wonderful.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I want to foster, but i will only do it when my son and any future children are much older. It can take a huge toll on the family, and i would want minimal negative effects on my biological children. I dont feel like its fair otherwise.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• The reason i want to wait until they are older is because i want to give my full attention to a foster child that may need a great deal of attention and work. I wouldn't want to just give up because its too hard. And if i were paired with a difficult child, i wouldn't want my kids to have to live with the hard decision i made.

redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 11:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• We plan on doing foster care. We also plan on waiting until our children are older. We're planning on waiting for our daughter(and any future children we have. Biologically or adopted) to be older is because my husband and I have decided to foster older children. We want to be able to give that child as much attention as s/he deserves and be able to focus on any problems(emotionally, mentally) that might occur.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 11:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I'm with CoreyLynn - I know I would be so attached within a short time that saying good-bye would be too painful for me and for the child. I saw a co-worker go through that.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 12:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2008