• In the Spotlight:

why keep going?

Do you ever feel like there is absolutely no reason at all to keep up the lie. I feel like everything would be so much better if I could just end it all. My dh could find some one that can make him happy, some one who will love my girls. I am so tired of feeling like this, i wish that it would all just stop. i have prayed and prayed for God to end my life, but he just keeps on letting me live. I have come to the conclusion that I must be here just keep him entertained. I am just one big cosmic joke.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Health

• If you need this number................. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call will be routed to the nearest crisis center to you.

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Hi. Why do you think that you ending your life is the best way to help a problem? Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Put yourself in someone else's shoes for a moment. Ask yourself, what would your husband and daughters do if you went away forever? What kind of emotional stress would they go through? I have been through a lot of tough times myself, but my family always keeps me going. They depend on me and I depend on them. Please, if you would like to talk later, pm me. I will try to help you out the best way I can.

Jen
    jlassiter29

Answer by jlassiter29 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Believe me, suicide is easy for you, but the ones left behind are the ones who have to deal with it day after day. Think about seeing your daughters having their first bfs, their first dates, prom, graduation, college, their wedding, having your grandkids. My father committed suicide when I was 6. I didn't understand at the time, but now, I think it was the most selfish way out of his problems. Don't get me wrong, I love him, he will always be my father, but he denied me of a father, along with my 3 sister. My mom of having a husband, my kids of having a grandfather. There other solutions, better, healthier ones. Talk to your dh, maybe talk to a doctor. But please don't think there is only one way-out. Your life is to precious to end it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• You keep going because God loves you. You are special and nobody can replace you. You keep going because your children need their mommy. You keep going because your children and your husband love you. Although right now you may be going through a tough time, always know things will get better. If you need help reach out and get the help for yourself. My prayers are with you.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I am not going to kill myself. I just think that my family would be better off without me.  I truly think that they would be happier in the long run.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I would love to be your friend since you sound lost. I am to in a so so marriage and somedays are harder than others. But you have taken the first time to try to help yourself. Church might help some. I did go through counseling classes cause tired of life but now have three girls and would not change that part. JUst hang in there and I am there if want to talk. yOur kids need you. Maybe find what you like to do and enjoy to take your mind off of things or even a change of scenery. Take care.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Is it possible for you to take a vacation by yourself? If you can take a vacation by yourself, you will get some relaxation time, and your husband and children will find out what it is like to not have you nearby (and will probably be missing you right away). If you really have a lot of time, and the means, you might want to consider a "double" vacation, where 1/2 is spent doing something valuable to a community (such as a habitat for humanity, earth works, volunteers for peace type volunteer vacation), and the other 1/2 is spent just relaxing and doing things you like doing (eg, if you're into beach relaxing, you take a week at your favorite beach in a cottage).
    Good luck, and remember, EVEN IF your kids and husband get upset with you sometimes, they love you.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 6:09 AM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Coming from a step mom who loves her step kids. Nothing and no one can replace a Bio Mom. No matter how horrible the Bio Mom is. Have you ever watch children who don't have a mom, it's sad. Your babies need you to strive. Don't believe the mean thoughts in your head. It might not be you husband that makes you unhappy, it could be you. Leaving him wont change anything it that matter. Do something, anything, nice for yourself everyday. Maybe take some happy pills if you feel depressed. You are not living a lie, your living life. We all watched too many fairy tails and think that is what life is suppose to be. Practice smiling in the mirror once a day. Yes, it's silly but it helps, believe me.

LadyQuin

Answer by LadyQuin at 8:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2011

• Everyone has such great advice. I agree with all of them. And, the one who said smile once a day, it really does work ; )
    Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2011