How do you make yourself feel more attractive while packing on the pounds???

HELP!!!! This is the heaviest I've ever been, I know I have a good reason & everything but myface is getting biggers, along with everything else & I just don't know how to make myself feel comfortable in my new body, even if it's only for 5 more months :(

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 4:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• why aren't you working out? how did you gain so much weight at 4 months pregnant? by they way you were talking i honestly thought you were on the verge of birth
    Anonymous

• Take a deep breath. First, you need to realize that this is when women are the most powerful. You are bringing new life into the world! Take a moment to let tat sink in... you are connected with the earth and every woman who has birthed before you. You are growing new life. You don't look like a super model any more, you look BETTER because you look more powerful and beautiful and trancendant than you ever have before. And the bigger you get the more it shows.

You are like a beautiful tree, heavy with fruit.

Embrace the beauty of pregnancy for it's own unique state and stop comparing it to how you looked before.

That's my advice :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Having a good support system helps. Encourage them to read up on what you are going through as far as weight gain and your changing body. Buy a few sexy pieces of clothing to flaunt your new curves and remember, you are doing the most amazing thing mother nature has to offer. You are growing a life inside you. The womens body is amazing in so many ways. You can still be pregnant, big and beautiful.
    rudis04

Answer by rudis04 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Exercising can also help. I do water aerobics twice a week and upper body strength training once a week. Just be careful not to bounce too much and dont let your heart rate get above 140.
    rudis04

Answer by rudis04 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• when i was pregnant and i was feeling frumpy and fat, i made sure i got up every morning and did my hair and make up and wore something cute, even if i was staying home....that always made me feel better about myself
    my_princess3

Answer by my_princess3 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Anonymous, I modeled and I'm used to having a flat stomach and being thinner. I didn't say I was fat, I just said this was the most I've ever weighed, pay more attention before you comment hun.
    Dark-N-Prego

Comment by Dark-N-Prego (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• This is my "free zone" I allow myself whatever I would like to have ofcourse I don't overeat it. I mean you are pregnant and is your right to gain weight you are making a baby from scratch! Allow yourself to be big and love yourself. I had a perfect shape before I had my last baby I gained about 50 pounds but I have zero regrets I lost the weight when started breast feeding and started working out it took me about 2 years. No pressure. I mean sweat it . Unless of course you make a living off your body figure like an actress or model and even then we all love succesfull weight loss stories! I am pregnant now again and I am looking foward another weight loss journey.
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 4:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I always did my hair, makeup and nails. Those are the three things that make me feel more put together, whether pregnant and gaining weight, or not pregnant and gaining it anyway :)
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 4:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Buy (cheap) clothes that flatter your "new" figure- trust me, you can find them! Treat yourself to a mani/pedi. Get your hair done. Do your own hair, makeup, and nails everyday. Get dressed to your shoes, even if your ankles are swollen! Go for walks with the dog, if you don't have a dog, just a walk around the block can make you feel healthier. Talk to your OB- is your weight where it should be? If so, know that you're doing what you should for your growing baby! I only gained 20 lbs with my first son, and I'm 22 weeks now and have already gained 10.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 4:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I always just tried to remember that no matter what the scale said, I was pregnant and I looked hot! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2011