Grandma has 50+ pics of one grandkid, 1 of two other grandkids on Facebook...favorite?

Would you think that grandma has a favorite? To be fair, she is providing daycare to the 50 + pic grandchild, but it's not like she doesn't ever have an opportunity to see my kids (we live 10 minutes away) She has photos of them on her camera but doesn't put them up. On her page she even has an album entitled the other grandkids name...Not "grandkids" but just the other kids name!!! Could this easily be an oversight? Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Do you think she knows what she's doing? Might it not occur to her that she's acting like my kids don't exist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I feel you . Don't make it a big deal because you can't force anybody to love your children more .I am sure she loves your children too but she might be attached to the other kids .

my kids are my moms favorite grandchildren !
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 4:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• She just sees the other grandchild more. She probably feels closer to that one. I wouldnt make a big deal about it. I am a grandma and can tell you on my end anyway I dont have a favorite per say. I do have one I am more bonded with, but I love them the same.

Answer by gemgem at 4:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Even if that were the case, it's just so blatant! I don't even care if she favors the other kid more it's how blatant she's going about it!!! Do you think other people have to notice the 50/2 ratio for grandkid photos? I just wonder if she knows what she's doing and is intentionally doing it? We also have to beg her to ever watch our kids and then she calls us to come collect them when the time she agreed upon is over. It's real important to her that we aren't taking advantage of her in any way. We don't pay her to watch our kids because it's not daycare for us since I'm a stay at home mom. Although, she would take the money with open arms and has stated that she would like to be paid by us.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Why not ask her? Maybe there is something more going on and she doesnt want to come out and say anything herself. Just an idea. Like I said, I am a grandma, but I also have a 5 (almost 6) yr old daughter. So for me, I am more bonded with my grand daughter, but mostly because she plays with my dd. I know I have felt uh, jipped of having a relationship with my grandson. My dd lives just 10 minutes up the road as well. But she takes him to the other grandams every day and here only once a week. Like I said, maybe theres something else going on. You should just be calm and ask her.

Answer by gemgem at 4:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I think if I let her know it gets to me that would give her too much satisfaction. I will not be asking her. No way!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Tag her in some of your pictures of your kids on facebook...that way she has them on her profile. If she doesn't like it, then she can un-tag them and you'll know. lol
    I do know how that feels though! GL!
    Anonymous

• I would ask her. Sometimes ppl don't know how obvious things look. I wouldn't attack her verbally, just calmly ask her why she has so many pics of a certain grandchild and not the others. I believe in fairness and hopefully she will, too. Best wishes!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 11:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• I have 5 grands. I have to confess I tell them all that they are my favorite and not to tell the others. I have a 13, 12, 11, 6 and a 2 year old. I have a special gift I remind each of them I see. Our Deanna is the 1st and the sweetest. Alexus is the gifted and the sharp angel. Anthony is our little joker. Ileana is the memory keeper and the hugger and Alex is still just the baby. G-ma's love 'em all. My two adult children both feel the other ones children get more of me. I also hear from our 17 year old I care more about the grands than him !!!!!!!!!!! I feel like the last bra at Macy's white sale sometimes.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2011