Eugene Oregon?

Been here, live here, heard of it? Any info would be great! Im thinking of relocating here but have never seen it myself...

jadensmom14

Asked by jadensmom14 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2011 in Travel

• elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Eugene is a great town! Where would you be moving from? It is a University town so you have all the usual activity associated with a university, but it is so much more also! It's in a good location, located in the Willamette Valley, with the coast to the left an hour or so, and the mountains to the right an hour or so! The shopping is great, the food is great, and there is always something to do! I live right down the interstate 5, about 70 miles to the south of Eugene. We are always going to Eugene!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2011

• Awww. This IS such a great city. I went to Univ. of Oregon so I am particularly fond of it. Several friends moved back to Eugene to raise families. It's safe, has good food, some cultural stuff, an hour to the beach and good for outdoor activities. It's a very livable, hip, cool, city. Good schools, sort of small but not too small, has a good hospital (Sacred Heart) and spas and all the stuff you need. Shopping is the only thing that I'll say is a little dim. But most people drive to Portland for that. Lots of walking and an overall peaceful vibe...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:54 PM on Jan. 30, 2011