I miss my body.

I have been feeling so insecure lately about the way I look. This is very new to me. Pre-baby I was a lot more confident... Dont get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing. I loved my pregnancy and love being a mom. I love my daughter and having her is the best thing that has ever happened to me. My husband still wants me... I just dont feel the same. I have been trying to lose the "excess", and its only like 10 lbs... but I hate it... I feel like it wont ever go away... I've been hearing about the last 10 lbs not going away... Is this a common thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honestly, I lost all my weight that I gained, i probably have about 5 lbs still, but like you i'm insecure about my body,...i'm back down to the size i was pre-prego, but nothing fits the same or anything...you just get used to it, and you have nothing to worry about, as long as your hubby loves you and still wants you, and when he tells you you're beautiful believe him..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Thank you for that :).
    Anonymous

• I lost all my baby weight plus an extra 12 pounds and I still wasn't happy with my new post-baby appearance. It's not just the weight gain, it's that everything gets saggy and floppy and stretched out. My best friend (who has no children, by the way) is always telling me how great I look, and I am always responding that she only thinks that because I have clothes on. Lol... Seriously, you'll never be the same as you once were. But it is possible to accept and learn to love this new version you. It just takes some time.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• CAll it your mommyhood badge of honor and try to wear it with pride. I hate all these magazines showing stars and models that have babies and look like a size 0 with no stretch marks. It must be nice to have a personal trainer/chef and airbrush artist...lol!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I don't have a personal trainer, chef, or airbrush artist.. I just take care of myself..
    I don't find it particularly difficult to lose weight after pregnancy, but then again, I try to stay active when possible (and it's not always entirely possible, I know!), and I'm also an exclusive breastfeeder.

Concentrate on toning rather than weight loss- when rocking your baby, do squats, or arm curls.. When playing with baby on the floor, lift baby up, and do half-assed crunches.. Not as great as a real work out, but over a few months, you'll be amazed at how hot your body looks from these minute things!!

And EAT RIGHT!!! Salad is your friend!!

But no, it's not uncommon for women to have trouble losing the weight.. Give yourself a full year, though.. You'll be pleasantly surprised when it all melts off before then!
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 11:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I can't really add any more advice as there are some good responses already... however I can tell you that you are not alone with these feelings and that with perseverance and dedication to healthy choices your negative feelings about yourself will change. Try to remember that sexiness is a state of mind!
    madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I feel the same way..i have alot to loose and I am just not motivated anymore. I am home all day with the baby and when the hubby comes home i just want to rest and not exercise. It sucks but i know it will come off someday
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2008